Our dream was to create a church that was relevant to people’s spiritual needs. After prayer and a lot of research, we decided to begin by calling every home in Groton. On Easter Sunday 1989, Seaport opened its doors with 207 in attendance.
We met in the facilities of Fitch Middle School for five years, using other churches and buildings for events. In February of 1994, we leased a former health club at 1101 Noank-Ledyard Road. In April 1997, we located a 25 acre parcel of land in Center Groton – the owner agreed to sell it to us for $120,000.
On August 17, 2003, we moved in to our 22,000 square foot facility with seating for 400! Today the church is growing as each Sunday sees more and more new families and singles coming to visit and make Seaport their church home.